Please join us for the Inaugural Program of the UCLA Climate Academy
A 2½ DAY, EXCLUSIVE SHORT-COURSE FOR BUSINESS LEADERS
The UCLA Climate Academy has been postponed. Please check back for updates.
UCLA Executive Education Collins Center for Executive Education
The inaugural program of the UCLA Climate Academy—a short-course for executives, strategic advisors, and investors—is a unique opportunity to learn from and interact with the top experts, regulators, and other business leaders to gain key knowledge and insight, to interact and strategize with peers, and to prepare organizations to take advantage of the challenges and opportunities presented by rapid changes in markets, technology, and regulation.
During this unique and timely short-course, leading experts will guide you through the complexities of:
- The science of climate change
- Laws and regulations
- Economics of climate change and carbon
- Technological innovation in energy and cleantech
What you will take away from the UCLA Climate Academy:
- Improved ability to engage regulators on climate change science and policy
- Insight into existing climate laws such as AB 32 and upcoming regulations and rules
- Clarity on the economic forces affecting your business, including energy prices, carbon markets, cleantech investment, and consumer demand
- A framework strategic plan for taking advantage of market shifts brought on by regulation and technology
Who should attend?
This program of the UCLA Climate Academy is geared at senior executives and other corporate leaders who are planning the strategic vision of well-established firms. If you are a member of corporate leadership at a large organization with a need to stay ahead of changing regulatory, technological, and investment trends, then this course is made for you.
- Senior Executives who are members of top leadership in their well-established companies.
- Strategic Advisors to mid-cap and large-cap firms.
- Financial Strategists in corporate investment and equity advising.
A Unique Opportunity
The pace at which new scientific findings, policy developments, technological innovations, and business strategies related to climate change are appearing presents a distinct challenge for organizational leaders. The sheer volume and speed of new information makes it critical that there be a place for corporate leaders to come together to prepare for corporate strategies ahead of the curve.
The UCLA Climate Academy is a unique effort to provide leaders with both a firm understanding of the climate change landscape and the resources necessary to remain on top of relevant issues. The CCCS will thus provide organizational leaders and implementers with the tools to act.
Accessing the Opportunities Presented by Climate Change
- Regulation creates new markets and services.
- Federal and state legislation is in great flux, giving companies with experience here an advantage in preparing for national (and international) market shifts.
- New markets in alternative energy are already emerging.
- New markets in adapting communities and systems to the impacts of climate change are beginning to form.
Tremendous Value to Leaders and Businesses
- Opportunity to interact with peers who are leading in this evolving market.
- Knowledge of how to access up-to-the-minute research and policy details.
- Access to top leaders in academia, business, and government.
The UCLA Climate Academy Business Leaders Workshop is produced by:
Center for Climate Change Solutions, UCLA Institute of the Environment
Executive Education Program, UCLA Anderson School of Management
Emmett Center on Climate Change and the Environment, UCLA School of Law
Published: Monday, July 26, 2010